Articles tagged with: Higher Education Loans Board
KCSE 2012 candidates can now check online what Universities they have been admitted to by clicking here or this alternative link and following the instructions.
Once you confirm your university, please follow up with the University to know their fees structure and reporting dates early enough. Also find out what their accommodation arrangements are. Most of this information could be available on the university website. Here is a list of the websites of all major Universities in Kenya
E-GOVERNMENT, EDUCATION, FEATURED, Internet Solutions »
If you have applied for a Kenyan National ID card and have a waiting card, you can now be able to transact using your waiting card e.g to apply for Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B) loan. Here is how you do it:
You need to do the following (usually in a day):
1. Make copies of your waiting card and prepare Ksh. 300
2. Visit the National Registration Bureau offices located on the 7th flr. of the NSSF building in Nairobi, along Bishop Road – Upper Hill.
3. Explain your case at the reception area and you will …
EDUCATION, FEATURED, HEADLINE, MONEY & BANKING »
Persons currently in employment are in one of the following category of students who can apply for loan from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) in the 2011/2012 financial year. How to apply for the student loan in the 2011/2012 financial year is explained right after:
1. Undergraduate govornment sponsored students in public unversities in the Eastern African Community
2. Self-sponsored program in the public and private unversities in the Eastern African Community, which are recognised by the Commission for Higher Eduacation (Confirm here)
3. Self-sponsored employed/salaried persons (Contintuing education students)
NOTE: Those who sat for KCSE in 2010 or currently pursuing diploma, …
EDUCATION, FEATURED, MONEY & BANKING »
The Higher Education Loans Board is a state corporation whose mandate is to source funds and provide loans, scholarships and bursaries to Kenyans studying in recognized institutions of higher learning.
The Board disburses loans to any Kenyan undergraduate students enrolled in government or self-sponsored programmes in Kenyan Universities and Universities in other member states of East Africa Community recognized by the Commission for Higher Education.
a. Government-sponsored students (JAB)
Application Forms are sent to prospective beneficiaries together with the admission letters by your respective universities. Forms may as well be filled online and …
EDUCATION, FEATURED, MONEY & BANKING »
Persons abroad may make direct money transfer to:
HELB collection A/C No. 300 040 012 Citibank, Nairobi
Swift code is CITIKENA
HELB collection A/C No. 077-501 82 16 Barclays Bank, Plaza branch
Swift code is BARCKENX
Kindly notify HELB by e-mail or phone when transferring money. A receipt will then be issued.
You can also place a standing order for payment to be made through their credit cards by filling and submitting a duly filled CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM (CCA); you can download the Credit Card Authority form at: http://www.helb.co.ke/Credit_card_authority_form.pdf
EDUCATION, FEATURED, Mobile Telephony, MONEY & BANKING »
HELB loanees can now repay their loans through Zain money transfer service ZAP.
On your phone, go to ZAP
1. Select ME2U
2. Select money
3. Select nickname (in this case nickname is HELB)
4. Enter amount e.g. 5000
5. Enter your secret password.
6. Confirm the transaction.
7. In the reference section, enter your national ID number.
8. You will instantly receive confirmation via sms from Zain.
EDUCATION, FEATURED, Internet Solutions »
You can now check whether you whether you have received any loan from HELB online! To view your disbursement status, go to: http://www.helb.co.ke/helb_loans_disbursement_form.html
They will require you to do the following:
Select Serial No. or ID No.
Enter value for the selected option
Select the Year
Get loan/bursary lending report
For further details, contact:
EDUCATION, FEATURED, Internet Solutions, MONEY & BANKING »
You can now check your HELB loan repayment status online. Here is how to do it:
Go to http://www.helb.co.ke/helb_loanee_id.jsp
In the LOGIN SCREEN; you will be requested to enter your National ID No. and press enter to get the online statement.
HELB Bank-Account Numbers are:
2. KENYA COMMERCIAL BANK-036-127-126-428
3. COOPERATIVE BANK- 0112961222800
4. BARCLAYS BANK 077-5018216
5. STANDARD CHARTERED BANK 0108018264700 Branch Koinange Street
For further information, please enquire at the 13th Floor, Anniversary Towers or
Call 020-246590/1 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that this applies only to the ones who benefited from the HELB loans & …