How to activate your M-shwari account; How to transfer money from MPesa to Mshwari
M-Shwari allows you to own and operate a savings account on your phone. The savings account is available to all M-PESA users who activate MShwari accountt on their phone.
HOW TO ACTIVATE M-Shwari:
- On M-PESA menu select ‘My Account’
- Select ‘Update Menu’
- Wait for the menu to update
- Go back to M-PESA menu
- Select M-Shwari Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- You will then receive an SMS confirming your activation.
HOW TO DEPOSIT MONEY FROM M-PESA TO MSHWARI:
- Go to ‘M-PESA’ menu and select ‘M-Shwari.
- Select ‘Send to Bank.
- Enter PIN.
- Confirm the message displayed “send money to bank Kshs 2000″ then press OK.
HOW TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM YOUR MSHWARI TO YOUR M-PESA:
- Go to ‘M-PESA’ menu and select ‘M-Shwari
- Select ‘Withdraw from bank’
- Enter Amount
- Enter PIN Confirm these details then press OK
- Wait for a confirmation SMS message
Sample message: X- HS580 Confirmed. You have transferred Ksh. XXXX from your M-Shwari account on DD/MM/YY at 00:00pm. M-Shwari account Balance is KshXXXX. M-PESA Balance is KshXXXX
Transfer to and from M-Shwari are free of charge.
Please read related article on how to get a loan from M-Shwari and how much it costs.