Joint Admissions Board (JAB); Revision of courses for KCSE 2011 candidates; Online revision of university choices KCSE 2011 candidates
The Joint Admissions Board (JAB) has announced the revision of degree choices for KCSE 2011 candidates to be between 14th and 31st May 2012. This is a chance given to those students who meet the minimum cut off points for university admission to APPLY for university admission, OR to revise the degree choices they made while still in school.
This exercise will be for those who attained a mean grade of B (63 points for boys and 61 points for girls) in KCSE 2011.
This exercise will be conducted Online meaning candidates will need a access to a computer or a phone with internet access.
Candidates will need to have:
1. KCSE Index No
2. KCPE Index No
3. Birth Certificate Number
4. A valid email account, if you do not have an email address, you can create one with Google Mail (GMail) by clicking here
5. Ksh.500( if you had applied for university admission earlier while in school) or Ksh. 800 (for those applying for University admission for the first time)
We now have the procedure for the on line revision process as follows:
PROCEDURE FOR THE REVISION PROCESS:
STEP 1: Check the status of your application (the one you did while still in school) from JABs website. Click here to see status. ***the JAB website might be down from time to time due to heavy traffic, however, please keep trying.
STEP 2: Search and identify the degree you wish to apply for and its corresponding weighted cut off points from the list available on JAB website here (if this link does not work, please get a copy of the same document on The Timpata’s storage here). Please note that the same course could be offered by different Universities, and each university has its own cut off points. To make your search easier, the same information provided in the document above, is re-arranged such that related courses are put together regardless of the University. To get this information in this format, please click here.
STEP 3: Check what are the 4 clusters subjects required for your degree choice in step 2 above by clicking here.
STEP 4: Calculate your Weighted cluster point. You can read on how to calculate the cluster points in The Timpata by clicking here.
STEP 5: See if your weighted cluster point (in step 4) is above the weighted cut off point for your degree choice as you identified in step 2 above. If it is above, then you qualify for admission to that course. If it is below, then you do not qualify for that course, and you might want to select another degree choice by starting again from step 2.
Repeat Step 2 to Step 5 until you have a set of enough degree choices (enough means as many as the system allows you to choose). Remember to note the corresponding degree codes for each e.g 11101 for Bachelor of Arts in University of Nairobi) that you qualify for admission. These degree choices can be from different Universities.
STEP 6: With your degree choices ready i.e the name and the code of each of the degree choices, Log on to the JAB’s revision system here: http://jabonline.uonbi.ac.ke from a computer. If you are using your mobile phone, you can go to: http://jabmobile.uonbi.ac.ke
STEP 7: If it is your first time to use the system, you will need to ‘REGISTER’ to get a user name and password which you shall use to log in. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD. It might be very difficult for you to complete the process if you forget or lose your password. Write it down if need be (note whether the password has capital letters since a difference in capital and small letters matters for a password).
STEP 8: Once you are logged in, confirm your contact details and make any changes if need be. (This is the address you are likely to receive your admission lettes on. Please enter carefully)
STEP 9: You are now ready to access the Degree Application Form. However you need to make a payment first. The system should show you how much you are expected to pay. Usually, if you had applied for university admission while still in school, you shall be required to pay Ksh. 500 to revise your application. If you had not applied while in school and you are applying for University admission for the first time now, you shall be required to pay Ksh. 800.
How to pay Via M-PESA:
- From the M-PESA Menu, select ‘Pay Bill’
- Enter Business no. 913900
- Enter account number as your KCSE 9 Digit INDEX NO e.g. 711702001
- Enter the Amount
- Enter your M-PESA PIN, confirm the details and Send
- Go to Airtel -> airtel money option on your phone
- Select make payments option
- Select pay bill option
- Select OTHER
- Enter business name UONJAB
- Enter Amount
- Enter your PIN
- For Reference enter KCSE 9 Digit INDEX NO.e.g. 711702001
You will receive two payment confirmation messages. One SMS from Mpesa/Airtel and another one from JAB. On receipt of the JAB confirmation, continue with the revision process as in step 10 below.
STEP 10: Log in to the system again as in step 6. Then since you have now paid and received the confirmation message from JAB, you will have now be able to access the Degree Application Form. Read and accept the terms and conditions then enter the degree codes of your degree choices as you had them in Step 5.
STEP 11: Confirm that all information you have entered is correct then click on ‘Save’
STEP 12: For the changes you have made to take effect, you will have to log out.
You can then log in again to see that all information is now correct by clicking on View Current Choices.
To make changes to your choices you can repeat from Step 10 to Step 12 above.
- For assistance, an applicant may visit the nearest office of the Provincial Director of Education from May 21 to May 26, 2012, or the JAB offices at the University of Nairobi during the revision period. Enquires may also be made through email@example.com during the revision period.
- The system will open for revision at 00:00 hrs May 14 (midnight Sunday), and close on 24.00hrs May 31, 2012. No further revision will be entertained after the system has closed.
- There will be no manual revision using physical application forms. Revision must be done online following the procedure given above.
- All payments for revision MUST be made through Mpesa or Airtel money as explained in step 4 of the procedure. Any other mode of payment will NOT BE ACEPPETED.
- PLEASE NOTE THE DATES FOR REVISION CAREFULLY!
We shall be updating this post with information as we get it.
<<UPDATE 1: 20/07/2012>> JAB has announced the second revision of degree choices to be between 18th to 24th July 2012. The process for this second revision is just as above.
**Please note that The Timpata is not in any way related to the Joint Admissions Board and it relies on information made public by the the board to update it’s posts.**