How Orange Money transfer service works; Orange Kenya
Orange Money is a money transfer service that is linked to a bank account (Unlike other money transfer services) to allow customers access financial services using their Orange mobile phone numbers. When you register for Orange Money you actually get a special Bank Account that sits at Equity bank which you will now operate on your Orange Phone.
If you have an existing Equity account, you do not need to open a new one to access Orange Money – you can just link your existing account to Orange Money.
HOW ORANGE MONEY WORKS:
From your Orange Money Account and using your Orange phone, you can:
- Deposit money
- Deposit money into your Orange Money account through an Equity Branch, Orange Shop or Orange Money Agent.
- Send money to registered Orange Money Customers.
- Send Money to non- registered Orange customers from other mobile phone service providers including Zain, Safaricom and Yu.
- Send money from a Equity bank account
- Send money to an account in another bank
- Withdraw money as a registered customer from an Equity branch, Orange Shop or Orange Agent
- Withdraw money as a non registered customer from an Equity branch, Orange Shop or Orange Agent.
- Withdraw money from an Equity ATM using a one-time code.
- Withdraw money using an Orange Money debit card.
- Purchase airtime from your bank account or through the ATM.
- Purchase airtime for your phone or another Orange subscriber.
- Purchase between 10/= and 10,000/= worth of airtime.
- Purchase goods and services at select outlets using the Orange Money debit cards
- Pay bills for Orange services, electricity, water, HELB and DSTV.
- Request for bills.
- Pay your employees through the Payroll services
- Make your loan payments through your phone
- Enquiries in the account.
- Account balances
- Mini statements
- Current Forex Rates
- Current Stock prices
- Requests in the account
- Full statements
- New cheque book
- Stop a cheque
- Stop a card
- Request for Money from a friend
- Invite a friend to register for Orange Money
- Account Maintenance
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ORANGE MONEY:
- Visit the Equity Branch, Orange Shop or Orange Agent outlet as listed on the Orange Money website and advertised from time to time
- Fill in an Orange Money application form. Provide a copy of your ID or Passport. If the outlet does not have photo capturing facility then two passport size photos will be required.
- Once your account is activated, you will receive an advice notification.
ORANGE MONEY VISA DEBIT CARD:
Orange Money now also has a VISA Debit card. Read details on The Timpata here: http://www.thetimpata.com/2012/05/09/how-to-get-orange-visa-debit-card-orange-kenya/
You can contact Orange Money Contact Centre for help on 1434 from your from the Orange line or 020-2221434 from any other network