How to get Orange VISA Debit Card; Orange Kenya
You can now get the just launched Orange VISA Debit Card from an Orange Shop, Orange Money outlet, Equity Agent or Equity Bank branch.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION ( You need not have Orange Money account when applying for this debit card)
- Present original and copy of ID Card to any Orange Shop, Orange Money outlet, Equity Agent or Equity Bank branch.
- Have an active Orange line
- Complete the existing Orange Money Customer Application Form (remember to indicate the Equity Bank Branch where you will prefer to collect your card)
- Submit to agent/ bank official
- Wait for the card to be processed ( We will update this post on how log this takes once we get the information from Orange)
With this card you can do all what you can with your VISA ATM card. Possible scenarios are:
- While abroad, someone in Kenya can send you money to your Orange Money account and you can withdraw this from Any VISA ATM world wide.
- You can use the VISA card to pay for your shopping in any supermarket or retail outlet that accepts debit/credit card payments.
- You can deposit or withdraw cash from your Orange Money account from any equity ATM countrywide
- You can pay Utility bills at any Equity ATM
There are no charges to maintain this card
The Timpata shall follow up with Orange on what other charges (if any) the card comes with and update this post.
Please feel free to like out facebook page and join our discussions on matters technology in our facebook discussion group dedicated to technology (see the the list of groups and their links on the right side bar of this page)