How to connect Safaricom Webbox; Safaricom Internet on your TV
The Safaricom Webbox is a device that allows you to access the Internet on your TV. It comes in the form of a keyboard which has an inbuilt modem and a SIM Card. The Safaricom Webbox connects to your TV and provides services which include Internet browsing, SMS, and e-mail messaging. Other services include FM radio and an online photo album, as well as games, video players, and music players.
What you can do with a Safaricom Webbox
- Browse all your favourite websites.
- Set up e-mail accounts and
- Upload photos, update your Facebook status, and poke your friends.
- Follow your favourite tweets.
- Find anything and everything on Google ™.
- Access M-PESA Services.
- Listen to your favourite tunes on FM radio.
- Sample some of the preloaded games.
- Play music and videos saved in the memory card.
- Send SMS.
- View your photos on a big screen.
- Manage your personal information using a calendar, calculator and notebook.
- Plug the Webbox into your TV
- Select TV/AV mode on your TV
- Power up the Webbox and enter the SIM card PIN, press OK
- Set date & time
How to top up
àGo to Top Up airtime option, enter the voucher PIN option and enter the 16 digit scratch card pin àClick send
Activating FreeData bundle
Message option à SMS option à New Message
Send the price of the bundle you want to activate to 450 e.g. 499 to 450 for 500MB of data
Once data activation is confirmed go to the Internet browser & enjoy surfing.
Checking internet bundles
Message option à SMS option àNew Message
Send the word balance to 450
A message with the data remaining will be sent to you.
Also note that:
- The Webbox works with both PrePay and a PostPay SIM Cards.
- The Safaricom Webbox can only work with Safaricom SIM cards.
- The Safaricom Webbox is Plug-n-Play, so it doesn’t require any installation CD.
- The Safaricom Webbox runs on the Android Operating System.