M-KARO from Cooperative Bank; How to pay school fees on your Phone.
M-Karo enables parents and guardians to make fee payments directly to school accounts from any location at their convenience. The Bank will then credit the school account with the funds within 2 hours of the transaction, with clear references specified by the parent or guardian. The school on the other hand will get a confirmation receipt from Co-opnet, Co-op Bank’s Internet Banking facility, after which a receipt can be generated for the student or parent as proof of payment.
How to make M-Karo payment through M-Banking:
- First you have to be a registered user of M-Banking
- Dial on your phone *667#
- Select option 6 ‘Payments’
- Select option 1 ‘Fees’
- Enter your bank account number
- When asked for the school code, enter the code of the school
- When asked for the student’s enrolment number, enter your child’s number
- Enter the amount to pay
- Enter you M-Banking PIN
- You will then receive a confirmation SMS with the School’s name, Student Enrolment number, Amount paid and the Student’s Name. This SMS is a receipt of payment.
How to make M-Karo payment through M-PESA:
- First confirm the school/institution you want to pay to is M-KARO registered.
- If registered, ask for the M-KARO code
- Go To M-PESA menu and select PayBill option
- When asked for the business number, enter 400222
- When asked for the account number, enter the school/institution M-KARO code, then the harsh sign then enter the student’s enrolment number (without space) e.g 1111#2222
- Enter the amount of fees to pay plus a transfer fee of Ksh. 30
- Enter your M-PESA pin
- Confirm the transaction and click on send
- You will receive a message from M-PESA with a unique transaction ID
- You will also receive a confirmation SMS from Cooperative Bank with the payment details including the student’s name.
Co-operative Bank’s customer support: 0729 277 600 or 0736 690 101 or SMS 2020