Application Procedure for student Loans: 2011/2012 Financial Year
Persons currently in employment are in one of the following category of students who can apply for loan from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) in the 2011/2012 financial year. How to apply for the student loan in the 2011/2012 financial year is explained right after:
1. Undergraduate govornment sponsored students in public unversities in the Eastern African Community
2. Self-sponsored program in the public and private unversities in the Eastern African Community, which are recognised by the Commission for Higher Eduacation (Confirm here)
3. Self-sponsored employed/salaried persons (Contintuing education students)
NOTE: Those who sat for KCSE in 2010 or currently pursuing diploma, bridging or pre-university courses are NOT ELIGIBLE for the 2011/2012 loan.
THE PROCEDURE FOR FIRST TIME GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED STUDENTS (J.A.B)
- The Loan application form is to be filled online on the HELB website here. (Keep refreshing in case the HELB website is busy).
- Print the form after filling it online
- Open an account with any of the banks partnering with HELB in this process.
- Submit the duely filled PRINTED form to your bank branch for verification of the bank details and free delivery to HELB.
- There is no application fee
- The deadline is 31st July 2011.
THE PROCEDURE FOR FIRST TIME SELF-SPONSORED STUDENTS IN PUBLIC OR PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES RECOGNISED BY COMMISSION FOR HIGHER EDUCATION.
THE PROCEDURE FOR SECOND & SUBSEQUENT TIME APPLICANTS IN GOVERNMENT OR SELF SPOSORED PROGRAM
THE PROCEDURE FOR SELF-SPONSORED EMPLOYED/SALARIED PERSONS (CONTINUING EDUCATION STUDENTS)
This is applicable to applicants who can demonstrate the ability to service the loan while studying in the Kenyan Public and Private Universities recognized by the Commission for Higher Education (Confirm here). The interest rate applicable is 12% p.a. Successful applicants will be required to start servicing their loans as they study If interested:
** Enquiries to: lending @ helb.coke