Features & Charges of the new M-PESA Prepay Safari Card.
9 February 2011 No Comment
The new M-PESA Prepay Safari Card has the following features:
- Everyone can get one; Anyone who has a Safaricom telephone line with M-PESA facility and is 18 years and above can apply for this card.
- Easy load & reload: you can load and reload your card simply through your M-PESA.
- Better than a credit card; you can’t spend money you don’t have.
- No late payment fees, ledger fees or over the limit fees.
- International ATM usage ; This is a VISA and KENSWITCH branded card that is accepted both locally and internationally on all VISA/KENSWITCH branded ATMs.
- Online Internet usage; This card can be used to conduct online internet transactions such us purchases, payments etc.
- Manage your money anywhere; Monitor your card expenses, check your balance etc over the Internet. Just go to www.imbank.com-online services and log into prepaid cards
- SMS Alerts; receive an SMS alert anytime you use the card.
- Convenience; Safer, cheaper and more convenient than carrying cash. You can de-activate the card after making your purchase online.
The Charges associated with the card are:
- Card Kit– Kshs 250.
- Minimum Load Amount – KShs 500.*
- Reload Fee – Kshs 125.
- Annual Fee- Kshs 250.
- Refund Fee – 1% of the amount being refunded( Amount to be refunded must be more than Kshs 250).
- Card Replacement Fee – Kshs 250.
- Cash withdrawal
- I&M Bank and Kenswitch ATMs - Kshs 30.
- Other bank VISA ATMSsin Kenya – Kshs 100.
- All VISA ATMs out of Kenya Kshs 250.
- Balance inquiry
- I&M Bank and Kenswitch ATMs –Nil
- Other bank VISA ATMS in and outside Kenya – Kshs 50
- Each SMS alert(for registered cards) - Kshs 5
- POS/PDQ/Online transaction –national and International – Nil
* Minimum balance to be maintained in the card account at all times is Kshs 250.
(Courtesy of :http://safaricom.co.ke/index.php?id=1229)